WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around DC) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy…
- The UVA student who was arrested after police thought the water she bought was beer just got a $212,500 settlement. She can buy a lot of beer now. (via NBC Washington)
- The corruption trail of former Virginia Governor Bob McDonnell and his wife involved the passing of a Rolex. (via NBC Washington)
- Millennials in Virginia and Maryland are fourth and fifth in the US in spending money on fast food. (via CBSDC)
- Starting on August 5th, IOTA Club & Cafe is going to throw and LGBT & Straight Friends Social. The event occurs every Tuesday. So go, drink, and socialize.
- The “Woman in Black” has arrived in Winchester and she just wants to be left alone. (via My Fox DC)
- The stabbing on the Green Line yesterday is being investigated as a hate crime. (via DCist)
- Yay! Only the Red Line has weekend track work. (via DCist)