WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around DC) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy…
- If you use Capital Bikeshare, you get a FREE bowl from ShopHouse every Sunday in August. Yeah. Free food.
- The new Ben’s Chili Bowl in the airport (aka the place you can go for all things MEAT) was recognized by PETA (aka the place you should not go for meat) for its “Best of Reagan” award. Yeah, we’re confused, too. (via Washington City Paper)
- There was a suspicious package at the Van Ness Metro station this morning, but that’s all cleared up now. (via WUSA9)
- Don’t leave your dog shit on the ground. These new signs will help remind you to not be a gross human being. (via DCist)
- There was a kitchen fire at the zoo today BUT DON’T WORRY all the animals are safe. (via The Washington Post)
- The glorious Silver Line just opened so naturally a bid for the Purple Line is being tossed around right now. (via Fox 5 DC)
- In adorable, heartwarming, cute news: a Maryland woman is gaining U.S. citizenship AND turning 100 all on the same day. (via NBC4 Washington)