WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around DC) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy…
- Watch where you’re driving this afternoon: today’s World Cup watch party at Freedom Plaza is likely to screw with traffic big time. We’re talking road closures, mass transit delays, and parking restrictions. [via Washington Post]
- Fort Reno is still on! Everybody celebrate! Here’s this year’s full lineup. Shows are free and run from 7 to 9:30 pm. [via Washington City Paper]
- Check out Washington Post’s onomatopoeia-heavy review of Avicii’s performance at Jiffy Lube Live.
- According to a ranking by Amazon, D.C. spends more cash on American flag-themed stuff than any other city in the country. Unfortunately, we were beat out by Virginia Beach and Miami, which spent less money but ordered more flag items per capita. Oh, well — there’s always next year. [via DCist]
- Relive 2002’s glorious “Boys of Soccer” Team USA photoshoot (you remember the one) with this retrospective homage from Grantland.
- Get ready for another big gas price boom — one of the worst since 2008. Hope you’re not planning on traveling anywhere this weekend… [via WAMU]