WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around DC) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy…
- Yogis everywhere rejoice: D.C. Council member David Catania will be introducing an amendment to do away with taxes on health clubs, gym memberships and yoga classes. [via WAMU]
- Some asshole keeps stealing eggs from the mama duck on I Street. Luckily, a security guard is now monitoring her. [via Washington Post]
- DC Brau’s canning machine malfunctioned. Instead of tossing the botched cans, they gave them to a distillery to make beer spirits. [via Washington Post]
- A dog that looks like Princess Leia is up for adoption through DC Animal Care and Control. Quick, adopt her before the Sith get her! [via PetTango]
- A Canadian artist is building a partially-submerged gas station in the Anacostia River. Who knows why? [via CityLab]
- Jose Andrés’s new restaurant, America Eats Tavern, is now open at Tyson’s Corner. Eat there and feel patriotic.
- Say goodbye to the cuttlefish, shrimp and spiders at the National Zoo. The invertebrate exhibit is shutting down for good on June 22. [via National Zoo]
- &Pizza is opening up a fifth location today at 10th and E St NW near E Street Cinema.
- And finally, PREPARE FOR A HEAT WAVE. Temperatures are going to be inching towards 100 degrees this week. Lock the doors and crank up the AC. [via NBC]