WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around DC) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy…
- ASCAP is pressing to collect money from St. Stephen’s Church for not having proper licensing. The church hosts tons of punk bands.
- Are you “heavy footed”? Then stay the hell out of D.C because they added more speed cameras today (cbs).
- Hershey is suing Maryland candidate Senator Hershey for using campaign ads that look eerily similar to the Hershey (chocolate) logos.
- Severe thunderstorms are expected late this afternoon. Winter says:
- There was an award ceremony for the officer that stopped the gunman in Navy Yard last year. He was named officer of the year for the department (WaPo). Cheers!
- Anthropologists at the Smithsonian are analyzing the remains of 16 ancestors of the Shriver family to determine what life was like in DC during the 19th century (nbc).
- There was a landslide in Southeast this morning, blocking roads and basically wreaking havoc.