WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around DC) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy…
- Pool season has begun! Mayor Gray welcomed pool season at the Fort Stanton Aquatic Facility in Ward 8 but did not do a cannonball because he’s not fun. (DCist)
- A deer jumped on a lady waiting at a bus stop. This is currently the top story on the WJLA site.
- The Washington Post is moving. The Washington Post is moving three blocks. (Washingtonian)
- If you’re feeling culinary this holiday weekend, Washingtonian has a very helpful roundup of 16 recipes to try from some excellent local restaurants.
- You can now jump in a ball pit full of empty beer cans. It’s like a ball pit, but for adults. (Washington City Paper)
- Buying a house? Look quickly in the 10 ‘hottest’ neighborhoods in D.C. (Washington Post)
- WAMU asks a very good question, “As H Street Changes, Can Long-Time Residents Stay?“