WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around DC) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy.
- The Washington Monument just re-opened Monday and the elevator already broke down, so maybe it’s not the best time to try to get that view from the top, but on the plus side, think of all the calories you burn going down 897 steps. (via DC Fox News)
- District Flea is going on an indefinite hiatus – cue crying and aimless wandering this Saturday. (via Washington City Paper)
- Prepare the Ark! Rain this week could lead to flooding and that means all that delicious Potomac water running into everything you know and love. (via WJLA)
- And in related news, there is a Dragon Boat festival on the Potomac this weekend. Hopefully any flooding will subside by the time the paddles hit the water. (via DC About)
- Baltimore and D.C. took the top two slots on the list of best cities for saving money. Not sure how a Starbucks on every corner promotes saving, but more power to you if you can avoid spending your would-be savings on caffeine. (via WUSA9)
- Your Uber ride could get a few dollars cheaper – UberX is offering 10 percent off daytime rides through May 29th. (via Uber DC)