WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around DC) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy.
- In anti-news: there’s STILL no launch date for DC streetcars that we’re anxiously waiting for. You right now:
- The Capital Wheel at National Harbor (aka bougie ferris wheel) is set to open over Memorial Day weekend. You can pay $50 to be in the V.I.P gondola with leather bucket seats, a DVD player, and wine chillers. [Via ABC]
- In honor of Mother’s Days, fourteen names were added to the Vietnam Wall. Go see if you can notice the addition! (Jokes). [Via WUSA]
- Haven’t taken a vacation in five years? Globetrotters, Passport DC helps you travel the world while staying in DC. Which really just means you go to cool shows and drink and eat killer food. [Via WUSA]
- New software scours your Facebook and finds all posts that you should delete before your future boss finds them. Future versions will include Twitter, Instagram, and video scanning. [Via WTOP]
- At least the weather will be nice while you back stalk your unfortunate life choices [Via Weather]