WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around DC) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy.
- Sophie the sea lion at the National Zoo passed away. YOU REMAIN, MY POWER, MY PLEASURE, MY PAIN. (Via DCist)
- Whole Foods may be headed to 9th and U St. NW. Read: Parking will be even worse around all those Ethiopian restaurants where cars just hang in the street. IT’S NOT OK, PEOPLE. (Via PoPVille)
- Arlington has added bike fix-it stations to Clarendon and Arlington, hooray! Now there’s at least two more stops to argue about the values of Presta vs. Schrader valves. (Via Greater Greater Washington)
- Fifty nine animals were seized from a Prince William County farm, and they’re now up for adoption. Get yourself a pony today! (Via Washington Post)
- Here’s all the things to hit at Sweetlife before/during/after you’re caught in a rainstorm. (Via Washington Post)
- In related storm news, a Sharknado hit DC. Bummer. (Via PoPville)