WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around DC) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy.
- Congress is considering a bill for a National Woman’s History Museum. Taking the cake for most estrogen-filled place above women’s only gyms [fox].
- The DC DONUT CRAWL is officially returning next month. Rejoice over your future glazed-covered fingers!
- The Democratic nominee for mayor in DC wants to cut the legal limit for drunken driving from 0.8 to 0.5 blood percent alcohol content.
- Councilman Vincent Orange wants to pay some top dollars for “Scandal” and “House of Cards” to shoot in DC in this August as part of the film incentive program. Officially making Kevin Spacey the only celebrity you wouldn’t want to see at a metro station.
- A random vehicle followed a motorcade on to White House grounds. Tourists were more confused than usual. [WJLA]
- DC is officially on El Nino watch for the summer, which was much more exciting when I was eight and boogie-boarding down my street rather than walking to work with a broken umbrella.
- Speaking of, storms turned Rock Creek into a raging river. No one signed up for this mayhem. [abc]
- YOUR HEALTH ALERT: It’s time to quarantine your Virginian co-workers because a young girl contracted the measles overseas and has now caused an outbreak in Virginia’s Fairfax and Loudoun counties [wusa].