WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around DC) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy.
- EXCITING LIVE MUSIC NEWS: one of our favorite bands, Portugal The Man, will play a ~~free~~ acoustic show at the National Zoo on Monday May 12 to support the #EndangeredSong project. [BYT]
- SAD NEWS: Pharmacy Bar as we know it closes tomorrow. GOODBYE PARTY DETAILS THIS WAY.
- LADY GAGA LOSES TO THE WIZARDS: her May 15 show gets moved to May 12 in anticipation of another play off game (though lets face it, this will just finally jinx the Wizards/teach them to not mess with Gaga). From the presser: “Tickets purchased for the original May 15 show will be honored for the rescheduled date. Fans wishing to purchase tickets may do so at livenation.com, all Ticketmaster outlets, the Verizon Center Box Office or charge by phone (800) 745-3000. Refunds, if required, will be available at the original point of purchase. “
- For the first time IN 32 YEARS, the Washington Wizards won a second round game in the playoffs against the Pacers. [NBC]
- The WMATA is working on making the metro considerably less shitty this summer: something to look forward to. [DCist]
- If you’ve ever wanted to run through a field of 100,000+ kinds of tulips, Holland in Haymarket is just your thing: for a palsy $3/day, you, too, can revel in the glory of springtime a la Sound of Music. [HuffingtonPost]
- The DC Department of Transportation started a social media campaign to prevent people from parking in bike lanes. Don’t be the person whose care shows up on the DDOT Twitter page. [DCist]
- If you like noise and alcohol, you should head over to these five bars that the City Paper just ranked the five loudest in the city. [City Paper]