WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around DC) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy.
- If the Washington Wizards play in game 6 they’ll have to fight Lady Gaga to the death for the Verizon Center. Or various program directors will calmly negotiate but…..bets on Gaga. [Capital Games]
- Are the cartoons on the cereal box the only art you’ve been seeing lately? The Smithsonian is now offering online classes this fall in history, science, culture, and the arts. [myfoxDC]
- The Marriot Marquis DC will let you order towels and other amenities from a mobile app, root beer from Hot Shoppe, and is now the Nietzsche of the hotel world proclaiming “room service is dead.” [Capital Business]
- ATTENTION: A Southern Maryland food bank desperately needs food for emergency situations. Please help if you can. Get all of the details for donating here, thank you friends.
- The DC streetcar system won’t open until late summer or fall. Which in government language means the winter of 2017. [WTOP]
- Montgomery County Fire Department has drones that travel 25-20 ft. in the air to help them gauge where to target a fire or if the building is going to collapse. It’s like a floating Go-Pro that will save your life. [CBS]
- Finally, you have 24 hours to get to El Rey for the celebratory Cinco de Mayo $5 all pork taco…did we mention its shell is made of bacon?