WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around DC) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy.
- All the rain caused damage that closed cycling paths in Rock Creek Park today, so if you were planning on enjoying some well-deserved sun THINK AGAIN. (via DCist)
- A lawsuit was brought against a food vendor for D.C. schools. Morgan Spurlock will be happy to know that Pizza Hut is not sponsoring this lawsuit and that none of the One Direction kids were harmed. (via WaPo)
- That Racist Clippers guy controversy reminds people that “The Redskins” is still an abomination. I say we appropriate the team’s culture and give Sterling malaria…that’ll fix everything. (via WAMU)
- Mixologists? More like booze-slinging sellouts! (via Washington City Paper)
- The PG County Police Department discovered Twitter(!) and forewarned anyone looking for a prostitute that they should probably wait a couple of weeks. Or go to Montgomery County. (via WTOP)
- Liquor Bar, a cocktail bar from the owner of Acqua al 2, will open across from the Verizon Center. Hooray for getting slammed before and after you see Cirque du Soleil or whatever. (Via WBJ)
- Weekend track work?!?!?!?!?! Why don’t you just bend me over now and get it over before I die of an anticipation-induced aneurysm on the walk to the Metro?!? (Via DCist)