WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around DC) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy.
- I usually do not take flash flood warnings very seriously, but you should be aware that there is one. And you should not drive through large puddles of water unless you want to be stuck forever. (via InTheCapital)
- “Sadness Town” is a new live podcast with D.C. comedian David Tveite. He plays sad music you listened to in middle school, while making sarcastic comments. You’ll either love it or hate it. (via Washington City Paper)
- Want to know where to run and bike in DC./where to not because there will be a million people? There is a handy little map to help you out. (via Washingtonian)
- Albrecht Muth was sentenced to 50 years in prison today for killing his Georgetown socialite wife. The story has a few very strange tidbits, like Muth was 42 years younger than she. (via Washington Post)
- Pay this D.C. woman to drive to you in her “Salon on Wheels” and she’ll do your hair/nails/facials/basically anything cosmetic you request in the back of her van. It’s like Robin Williams’s RV meets a dog groomer, but better (we really hope better). (via Fox News)
- The economy sucks because the weather sucks, and everyone’s inside living off Veleveeta and Netflix. (via ABC)
- On a happier note, the city will not be flooded tomorrow so try going outside? No? That’s all right, too.