WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around DC) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy.
- We received a press release about a $5 five-types-of-pork-taco (say that five times fast) this Cinco de Mayo at El Rey. Downside? It’s only available for one day. Upside? No tortilla, just pork.
- Google’s self-driving car is driving around DC, asserting its autonomy and proving that it will be left standing (with the roaches) after man’s demise. (Via DCist)
- Speaking of things that could never be as cool as a car that drives itself, Metro is investigating an assault that happened Friday on one of the trains. (Via DCist)
- DC’s first Funk Parade, with help from one of our, Chris Naoum of Listen Local First, will be May 3rd in the U Street corridor. Please, God, no cha-cha slide. (Via WTOP)
- Low-income, DC schools that promote individualized learning for students received $100,000 in grants. It’s good for kids to have Mentos. (Via WaPo)
- A former Redskins wide-receiver denies accusations that he punched a Valet driver…Chris Brown’s body guard invited him to his weekly support-meeting for privileged punchers. (Via NBC)
- The unfortunately-named Capitol Hill dive bar The Pour House closes tonight after 11 years. Tonight, we pour one out for our fallen comrade… (Via City Paper)