WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around DC) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy.
- The 2013 winner of The Voice will sing at this year’s Memorial Day concert on the Capitol lawn. Attendees are reminded to bring their iPads and to leave all the shits they couldn’t give at home. (Via Washington Times)
- It’s unclear whether gang-activity was involved in the National Zoo shooting…either way, don’t bother asking the fuzz. (Via WTOP)
- All that is good and holy is in danger: DC lawmakers are placing new regulations on farmers’ markets, jeopardizing our apple cider and ample mushroom bags. It’s all gibberish to me. (Via City Paper)
- Maryland AG Doug Gansler backs the construction of a high-speed rail-system from DC to Baltimore. If this means the WaPo Express is flung at my head faster, and the woman with eight kids asks me which train this is in double time, then sign me up! (Via WAMU)
- Vincent Gray is a budget butt-hole…but at least he’s joined by every other member of DC’s government. (Via WaPo)
- This fluff-cluster will not end. (Via WTOP)