WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around DC) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy.
- Is the city headed for a shutdown?!?! Maybe so if it doesn’t adopt a budget properly. (via Washingtonian)
- I am SO HAPPY Metro driver Lamour Rogers is being recognized. His funny comments, songs, and voice make my Orange Line rides much more bearable. You should go listen to his sound bites. (via Washington City Paper)
- Out with the Caps, and in with the Nats… The hockey team didn’t make it into the Stanley Cup playoffs last week, and yesterday, their loss to the Tampa Bay Lightening concluded the season. (via Washington Post)
- The St. Regis Hotel is offering new cocktail classes just in time for summer. This Saturday focuses on the Bloody Mary. (via Washingtonian)
- Did more people pose with the cherry blossoms or with the GIANT, HEAPING, DISGUSTING PILES OF TRASH? Apparently, the park crew wasn’t prepared for the situation, even though the festival happens every year. (via Washington Post)
- On May 3rd, the One Million Pibble (pitbull fan) March on Washington will take over. Dogs will not be allowed to attend, even though I really think that would help their case. (via Huffington Post)