WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around DC) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy.
- GREAT NEWS: IT’S 36 DEGREES TODAY WHICH IS 2 DEGREES ABOVE FREEZING!!!!
- DC issued a water advisory on March 5, 2014. If you have low water pressure, especially in the Tenleytown area, then boil your water before cooking or drinking, unless your Keurig already has a water filter in which you’re probably fine. (WJLA)
- A male pedestrian is in stable condition after a Metrobus hit him shortly after midnight last night. Metrobus has drafted a petition to force DC to look at its jaywalking laws and signed it with some blood the victim left on the bumper. (DCist)
- In other metro-hitting news, a pedestrian jumped in front of the metro at the Rhode Island station yesterday. People really need to stop jumping or walking in front of Metro vehicles, but it appears as if the woman is okay. (WashingtonPost)
- DC United fans can get a taste of DC Brau’s limited edition DC United brew, The Tradition, before kick-off this Saturday. If there’s one thing soccer fans need, it’s more beer. (WTOP)
- Koreans in Northern Virginia have mobilized en masse to insure that the Sea of Japan is also known as the East Sea on maps and in textbooks. Let us pause for a moment to appreciate how politically correct people who aren’t white can be. (City Paper)
- This morning at George Mason University there was a bomb threat written on the side of the campus’ Art and Design building. The police have deemed the campus safe, but are still looking for more information on who wrote it or the intent behind it. So, they’re just assuming it’s safe at this point since they don’t actually have any information on it. That’s concerning. (WTOP)
- Michelle Obama is still doing cool healthy things, and his now hosting the 3rd Kids’ Recipe Challenge, where kids can submit healthy recipes and it ends with a dinner at the white house featuring the recipes that the children submitted. (NBCWashington)