WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around DC) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy.
- FIRST THINGS FIRST: What are DC’s hottest new restaurants? (VIA ZAGAT)
- It’s snowing. There comes a point when snow days get old, and today is that day. To give you something to look forward to, a wintry mix is expected for Friday to ruin ALL WEEKEND FUN. Okay, maybe just Friday night. (via the outside and Weather.com)
- BUT around 2 p.m. today, there will be another Dupont Circle snowball fight! What else do you have to do?! (via DCist)
- You know who IS embracing this cold? The man wandering around D.C. in a Bigfoot costume. Thank you, masked citizen. (via NBC and Aaron Myers)
(image via @aaronemyers)
- AND because restaurants still need to make money when all you want to do is eat the day away on your couch and play drinking games, the Washingtonian has a list of snow day specials.
- Attention all college grads: you might find a job after all! DC is the second best city for finding a new job says a study from WalletHub. Go check out the breakdown on how our city scored so high. (via InTheCapital)
- And in other good job news, DC has the highest number of wealthy Millennials. (via InTheCapital)
- The National Zoo turned 125 years old yesterday!!!!! In honor of its birthday, an American bison exhibit will open this summer. They lived on the National Mall long ago, so I GUESS I can see why they’re cool. (via WTOP)
- In case you’re not craving beavers this week, you could have cooked up a guinea pig at Del Campo on Saturday. Missed out on this? What a shame. (via Washingtonian)