WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around DC) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy.
- Did Valentines Day get you down? Don’t worry, everyone else in DC is single and alone too! DC is near the bottom of the list when it comes to single people entering relationships. At least we’re ahead of San Francisco? (via Washington Post)
- Mayor Vince Gray has announced that the architectural firm Mecanoo and Martinez+Johnson will be renovating the MLK Library. The new plan includes, among other things, rooftop gardens! I’m all about that life. On the other hand, people are questioning whether the library’s new design would or should honor MLK.
(via City Paper, City Paper)
- Elana Meyers, a graduate of our very own GW University, will be competing in the bobsled race in Sochi today. In Vancouver, she won the bronze in bobsledding, but hopefully she’ll be able to bring home the gold today. (via NBC)
- A Catholic priest refused to perform last rites on a gay man, who had suffered from a heart attack, at DC’s Washington Hospital Center earlier this month. (via Washington Blade)
- People are freaking out about House of Cards. DCist breaks down how many people are watching and how much they’re watching at one time. (via DCist)