WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around DC) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy.
- It might snow AGAIN tonight. People who just finished digging their cars out, don’t fret, because it’s supposed to be warmer the rest of the week. Crying, cheering, weird whooping noises, commence! (via Washington Post)
- Just when you finished being creeped out that Pandora knows where you live, it now knows if you’re more likely to be a Republican or Democrat. This week advertising services will be available to political organizations, so they can target you. Bob Marley and Daft Punk listeners are more likely to be Democrat. I could have told you that… (via InTheCapital)
- The Virginian cat, Hank, who ran for the U.S. Senate in 2012, has died. So sad. I guess it’s a good thing he didn’t win then. (via Huffington Post DC)
- Architect David Jameson wants to put an end to DC’s one too many ugly buildings. Even if you don’t care, you should go look at the stunning photos of his work. He’s pretty awesome, and I would like to see what he has to offer in DC. (via Washington City Paper)
- Most people who freak out about stuff on the Internet seem to be really stupid, but not today. Groupon is offering a President’s Day deal, which refers to President Alexander Hamilton. He was never president, though, so people are going crazy over it. (via InTheCapital)
- Even though the same-sex marriage ban was voter-approved in Virginia, a federal judge ruled it unconstitutional. This is a pretty big deal because VA is the first state in the south to have a voter-approved ban overturned. (via BuzzFeed)
- Sweetgreen founders let everyone take a peak into their bachelor pad, located right off U Street. It’s just what you would imagine their place to look like: earthy, modern, and clean. (via GQ)