WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around DC) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy.
Are you looking to be compensated for emotional distress in these stormy conditions? The DC restaurant scene has got you covered: check out the Washingtonian, Washington Post, and Washington City Paper drinkin’ and snackin’ guides.
TO THE NEWS!
- If you’re snowed in and are drunk hungry, stoned hungry, or I-can’t-physically-access-Safeway hungry, this blessed, blessed man announced on Reddit that he’s delivering Taco Bell tacos RIGHT TO YOUR DOOR, ALL DAY LONG, for just $5 if you live in the DC metro area.
- 4 restaurants around DC are passing out love note napkins that they’re serving with patrons’ drinks. Respond to the questions on Twitter using one of the hashtags (#hailno, #hailyes, #whothehailcares) and you’re be entered for a chance to win dinner for 2 at Malmaison, Naploleon, Bernaise, or Local 16. #FreeFoodAlert
- Some guy raised over $160,000 on Kickstarter for his line of Period Panties, which feature cartoons of various angry monsters. (via Jezebel)
- The Washington Post released a helpful guide to determining when you should clear the snow from your sidewalks (as if you wanted it to sit there all day anyway). (via WaPo)
- Are you a millennial getting pretty damn sick of hearing people complain about how lazy, uneducated, and narcissistic you are? Same. And so is cartoonist Matt Bors, who made a pretty sweet Upworthy comic about our generation.
- Speaking of Millennials doing amazing things, this 22-year-old Utah native won the gold for freestyle slopestyle, with the US sweeping the entire category.
- …except for Drake, who called the press evil on his Twitter account because Rolling Stone “took his cover,” giving it instead to the late legend Phillip Seymour Hoffman.