WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around DC) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy.
- Wendy Williams is gifting a bedazzled microphone, among other things, to the Smithsonian. Moving on… (via WJLA)
- Today is the 50th anniversary of The Beatles performing for the first time in DC. This is the time to brag about owning “Introducing The Beatles” on vinyl, right? (‘cus I do!) (via Washington Post)
- Beau Willimon, who is the showrunner for Netflix’s House of Cards, sat down with the Post and refused to talk about the upcoming second season. What a tease. (via Washington Post)
- Metro is considering another price hike (what a surprise!), but the Metro Access community came together last weekend to convince the all mighty WMATA that they’re absolutely crazy. Let’s just hope they knocked some sense into them. (via DCist)
- In better WMATA news, they’ve finished testing the new Silver Line trains. We’re one step closer to being able to metro directly to an airport. Hallelujah. (via WAMU)