WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around DC) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy.
- Days before the Superbowl, the National Congress of American Indians has released a video to remind the country that their culture isn’t a playtoy for slurs and appropriation.
- Your fav Columbia Heights 24/7 coffee stop will no longer serve 24/7. *weeps* (via DCist)
- Be ahead of the SOTU curve: Obama plans to announce that he will raise the minimum wage to $10.10/hour for government contract workers. (via WaPo)
- And also, a lot of roads are going to be closed around the city because of Obama’s address. (via WAMU)
- Which might be a good thing, because… it’s gon’ snow tonight! (via WJLA)
- But at least DC is a very walkable city (via WalkScore)
- And more people in DC, Maryland, and Virginia are employed, which is A-plus. (via NBC Washington)