WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around DC) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy.
- The snow has rolled out but the polar vortex is rollin’ in with highs of 15-20 degrees throughout the day. (via WJLA)
- According to NPR and a series of studies, gentrification in neighborhoods–H Street, for instance–could be helping longstanding residents as opposed to hurting them.
- And now for a celebrity sighting because sure why not: Kevin Jonas ate dinner at Bibiana last night. No word on what he ordered but apparently he likes crawfish. So that’s a thing we all know now. (via Washingtonian)
- If you happen to pass by Dupont Circle, location of last night’s Dupont snow ball fight, please keep your eyes peeled for a lost wedding ring. (via Reddit)
- In some happier news, the Washington Humane Society waived all adoption fees and closed out 2013 with the highest release rate ever. Somewhere in the world, Sarah McLachlan sheds a tear of joy. (via DCist)