WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around DC) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy.
- FOOD!!! You can go eat really yummy food for really low prices in DC for Restaurant Week, so go. Go while you can afford it. Eat your heart out.
- The Golden Globes were last night and it was glamorous and extravagant and Jennifer Lawrence screwed with Taylor Swift and people have opinions on dresses. See who else good and bad, because we all love looking at dresses and jewelry that cost more than most of us will see in a lifetime. (Yahoo)
- Chris Christie is still the top GOP candidate to run for President and we’re all just a little bit confused by this. Either the Republicans still see some strong leadership skills or there’s just nobody else running (Washington Post)
- The Wizards played (and lost to) the Houston Rockets at the Verizon Center this weekend, despite several interruptions because of a leaky ceiling. This is probably the only indoor basketball game to ever be put off by a rain delay. (DCist)
- Mayor Vincent Gray went on T.V. and apologized for his campaign. To summarize, he went on and was basically like “Guys, I’m sorry, I know I fucked up, but can I try again?” (DCist)
- It’s not supposed to be freezing this week, but it is supposed to be kind of rainy. So at least that’s a step up from 20 degree weather.
- To send you all off into the world on a positive note: Justin Bieber is being accused of egging a house, so retirement is obviously going very well for him. (WTOP)