WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around DC) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy.
- MARC not fast enough for you? Japan might throw the U.S. $4 billion to make a 15 minute train between DC and Baltimore. (DCist)
- Meet the Washington Football Team / Redskins coach Jay Gruden / Jon Gruden’s brother. (ESPN)
- Help the District Fishwife get funding for their space in Union Market. (PoPville)
- DC’s Office of Human Rights is investigating claims that cabs pass over passengers in a highly discriminatory manner. How discriminatory? One third of cabs pass over black passengers trying to hail cabs. (Washington City Paper)
- Most people are only asked about your politics by their significant other’s father. You live in DC. You’re asked about your politics every day. Here’s a chart to show these people along with your beer/wine preference – SHOUTOUT TO MY TECATE FOLKS/PENNY PINCHERS. (Washington Post)
- SAVE THE DATE: March 21, Trader Joe’s (should) open on 14th. (PoPville)
‘Til next time, get a drink and talk about politics!