WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around DC) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy.
- Yesterday pretty much every public school around DC closed because it was so f*cking cold outside nobody wanted to move or worry about hypothermia.
- For those of you who have been dreaming of the day that the original manuscript of “The Star-Spangled Banner” and the flag that inspired it would be side by side in a museum then THIS IS GOING TO BE YOUR SUMMER! (WTOP)
- CHRIS BROWN IS COMING TO DC!!! …..to appear in court on an assault charge. Sorry to get you all excited. (WTOP)
- The Redskins are still being criticized for their team name. Do you think people would be less offended if the team won more than 3 games? (DCist)
- If you’ve been dying to smoke a doobie in DC, then you’re in luck. A DC Marijuana Activism group has come up with an initiative that “will allow a person 21 or older to legally possess up to an ounce of marijuana for personal use, as well as allow D.C. residents to legally grow up to six marijuana plants, with no more than three of them being matured, flowering plants at a time.” The final ballot initiative will be submitted by the end of the week. (DCist)
- There are some really stupid ads featuring keg stands and sex in order to sell Obamacare to young people. It’s hilarious and also wildly uncomfortable. (Washington Post)
- Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones came out last Friday and had the worst opening weekend out of all the films in the series. Why is this surprising? It’s not, they really shouldn’t have made any more movies after the first one. (Washington Post)
- You might have to start stocking up on Velveeta cheese because there’s been a shortage. Where else are we going to get cheese that glows and bounces?!?! (DCist)
- It’s supposed to be 66 degrees on Saturday but until then stay warm, friends.