WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around DC) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy.
- Baby panda Bao Bao will make her public debut on January 18! Not exactly sure why that last sentence needed an exclamation point. Probably because this is for the Internet and anything panda related seems to require a false sense of excitement. Hooray!
- The Canal Park Ice Rink is now open. I wonder if it can handle the heat wave that’s coming this weekend. (Washington Post)
- Chris Brown’s probation has been revoked over his October DC arrest. Remember when he sold Doublemint? (Washington Times)
- Washington Redskins linebacker London Fletcher is “99 percent” sure he’s going to retire after the 2013 season. (WTOP)
- Don’t drink and drive in Maryland or DC. Or anywhere, really, but especially Maryland and DC. Advocates want to toughen up the punishment. (WTOP)
- The kids are getting smarter. Or testing better. We’ll take either. (Washington City Paper)
- DCist wrote about a very neat tool, the Census Explorer. Learn who lives near you without actually meeting anyone that lives near you.
Til next time, here’s a panda gif because Internet…