WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around DC) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy.
- In happy news, DC schools are getting thousands of new library books, musical instruments and computers because books, musical instruments and computers help kids, you know, learn stuff. (Washington Post)
- In sad National Zoo news, a Przewalski’s horse has passed away. (National Zoo)
- Since it’s the end of the year and EVERYTHING deserves a list, here’s the City Paper’s list of The Worst Metro Escalators of 2013
- Since it’s the end of the year and there are more than escalators, here’s DCist’s list of The 12 Best Bakeries In D.C.
- There’s now a handy map to let you know how much electricity can be produced on their rooftops from solar photovoltaic (PV) systems in DC. It’s fun to play around with while you’re not working. (Mapdwell)
- Are you a Red Line rider? You’re probably unhappy that you’re a Red Line rider. (Washington Post)
- Esquire made a list of The Best Late-Night Food in the U.S.A. and The Congee at New Big Wong at 610 H St NW made the list.
Til next time (tomorrow)!