WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around DC) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy.
- Did you guys know we suck at driving? Because we totally do. WUSA weighs in on how inept we are at driving in snowy conditions. SPOILER: We all lack common sense? (via WUSA)
- Neil Young’s “Live at the Cellar Door” is being released today, and Dave McKenna has a great article about the Young and the venue. (via Washington Post)
- The Peruvian Brothers food truck now takes bitcoins. It’s the first food truck in DC to begin taking the strange and slightly confusing digital currency. All you have to do is use a smartphone application called BitPay that creates a QR code for your specific bit coin account. Nifty. (via City Paper).
- Billy Joel is one of the Kennedy Center’s honor recipients this year and he was really psyched about it. “This is different. It’s our nation’s capital. This is coming more from my country than just people who come to see me,” said Joel. (via LA Times)
- A new Chipotle will be opening up in Logan Circle on Thursday. Hopefully there’s another snow day, so you can spend all day in a delightful food coma. (via POPville)
- Police in DC, Montgomery County, and Fairfax county are all mining peoples cell phone data, even if they’re not suspected of criminal activity. Police are collecting location, identity, and call information data. I guess I’m gonna start answering every phone call with “What up, Fuzz?” (via WUSA)
Til next time!