Before you roll on out to eat, drink and be merry, here’s what’s happening across the DC-media-verse, from Cherry Blossom Watch 2k12 to a ban on curse words.
- FIRST OFF: ONLY NINE DAYS UNTIL AN ANNOUNCEMENT FOR PEAK CHERRY BLOSSOM TIME. Prepare yourselves. (City Paper)
- Shut the @&#% Up: DC City Council moves to ban profanity after Councilmembers Dave Catania and Marion Barry exchange some choice phrases in the workplace. Can’t we all just get along? (DCist)
- Amazing photos from 1940 of Howard University’s Omega Psi Phi’s Mardi Gras ball photographed by Scurlock Studios (formerly of 900 U St NW, home of Nelly’s) (National Museum of American History)
- “DIGITAL CRACK FOR WOMEN” is what the Washington Post is calling Pinterest.
- Just cos’: TBD’s Josh Yospyn’s got great photos of this weekend’s Katsucon: