WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around DC) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy.
- There’s now an app that tells you what stores are open around you for those times when you get the late night munchies but don’t have any food in your house. (via DCist)
- The Mayor’s son is denied a liquor license for what sounds like a really cool idea. Typical, DC. (via Washington Post)
- The Historic Preservation Office threatens the opening of the permanent home of the Dacha Beer Garden. Can we have nothing fun anymore?! (via Washington Business Journal)
- The Zoo’s tiger cubs made their official public debut. Consensus: They’re adorable. (via NBC Washington) This is them swimming a few weeks ago:
- DC Mayor to sign bill allowing legal immigrants to get driver’s licenses. (via NBC Washington)
- Amazingly, a man’s wallet and cell phone stopped a bullet from hitting him. (via Washington Post)
- Check out these photos from an abandoned asylum. Creeeepy. (via DCist)
- The Washington Post Company is now called Graham Holdings Company. It kind of makes us sad. (via press release)
‘Til next time!