WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around DC) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy.
- HAILO (a taxi service) and the Washington Redskins Cheerleaders have partnered to bring DC-ers some cool perks. When you download the HAILO app, enter the promo code WRC to get a free $10 credit towards your first ride. AND on Nov. 23 and 24 you could end up in a cab with some of the cheerleaders who will be asking Redskins trivia questions for HAILO credits.
- In honor of Movember, Astro Doughnuts & Fried Chicken has created a new doughnut: vanilla glazed with a chocolate-piped handlebar mustache. Ten percent of sales from this doughnut will go to the Movember Foundation, and on Tuesday, Nov. 12 starting at 10:30am, Astro will give away 200 Movember doughnuts.
- Ramen sliders are now a thing you can eat. Watch out croughnuts, you’ve got competition in the hybrid food department. (via Washingtonian)
- This woman has called 911 226 times in the past year alone, setting a new record. (via Washington Post)
- The housing market in D.C. is doing better! Yay! (via Washington Post)
- Movie theaters are making a comeback in the district, with Landmark Theatres being the latest. (via Washington Post)
- A Metro Transit patrol dog needs dental work or he’ll be forced to retire, but Metro Transit Police refuses to pay for it. (via My Fox DC)
‘Til next time!