WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around DC) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy.
- It may not be local, but keep those in the Philippines in your thoughts because the most powerful typhoon in recorded history has already killed four people. (via Esquire)
- The shutdown cost the government $2 billion in lost productivity, but at least the meter maids made $80 off of me in those two weeks. (via Washington Post)
- The family of one victim of the Navy Yard Shooting is filing a lawsuit against the U.S. government for negligence. (via DCist)
- Get free delivery of the Washington Post Express on Sundays because news is awesome, mail is awesome, and coupons are awesome. (via Poynter)
- GW stained the outlines of the Capitol and Washington Monument, among other tourist attractions, on their basketball court, omitted stains of tourists stopping in the middle of the fucking sidewalk. (via Washington CIty Paper)
- Vincent Orange enters the 2014 mayoral race, does not admit he’s excited to campaign with the slogan “Orange you glad you voted for Vincent?” (via DCist)
- “HEY GLUTTONOUS PRICK, DON’T EAT THIS HOLIDAY SEASON,” says ex-boyfriends the world over, and apparently one Washington Sport Club sign. (via Washington City Paper)
‘Til next time!