WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around DC) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy.
In government shutdown related news:
- As if the shutdown hasn’t taken enough from us (mainly turning off the panda cam), now it’s ruining weddings!
Jon Stewart ripped the House Republicans a new one:
- Lots of people are finding clever ways of explaining the shutdown situation, like this one.
- Do YOU know the difference between Obamacare and the Affordable Care Act? (Hint: There isn’t one.)
In other news:
- The 9:30 Club is officially awesome, as declared by the DC Council. (via DCist)
- Veep is filming at University of Maryland for the next two weeks! (via Washingtonian)
- Millennials get a lot of flack (see video below), but we might actually we saving the world. (via Washington Post)
- Here’s another way to save the world, even if you don’t own a home. (via Washington City Paper)
- Food trucks at Friday’s Truckeroo will donate money to Navy Yard shooting victims. We all know you were going to eat food that day anyway, so why not do it for a good cause? (via DCist)
- Last but not least, Tom Clancy, a Maryland native and best-selling novelist, died today. (via Washington Post)