WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around DC) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy.
- Congratulations to University of Maryland, which just won a spot on the Ugliest Campuses list. Then again Complex thinks Black Cat is “douchey” so take that list with a grain of salt. (via Washingtonian)
- And a more legitimate (but still mildly perturbed) congratulations to D.C. for being the only city in the country to tweet more about Syria than twerking. (via In The Capital)
- Some fun transportation news: D.C. is turning 20 parking spaces into miniature parks today, in an event to raise eco-awareness. (via WJLA)
- And in fun transportation news, just under one quarter of DC’s traffic lights aren’t properly timed. The kicker? They’ve gone unchecked and maintained for three years. (via NBC Washington)
- OH SO MUCH TRANSPORTATION NEWS TODAY. Arlington is looking into its own streetcar project, which is projected to cost around $250 million. (via Washington Post)
- In some The Rent is Too Damn High news, a new report says it’s 31 percent cheaper to buy property in D.C. than to rent it. Ouch. (via Urban Turf)