WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around DC) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy.
- THE SHUTDOWN IS ENDING (most likely)! HALLELUJAH! (via Washington Post)
- Apparently being an NSA intern can save your life, if not your wallet and phone. (via Washington Examiner)
- UberX is free until Friday! Don’t be surprised if you don’t get a ride, though. (via Uber)
- Women in Congress are busting balls and taking names. (via Washington Examiner)
- Proof that Republicans and Democrats CAN work together. (via NBC Washington)
— Tucker Martin (@jtuckermartin) October 13, 2013
- A VA teen with Down syndrome gets elected to her high school homecoming court through a Twitter campaign by her friends. Warms the heart. (via Washington Post)
- DDOT started sending out new visitor parking permits in an attempt to suck less. (via Washington Post)
- The campaign for Maryland governor is getting dirty. Dirty politics? Who would have thought? (via Washington Post)
- Cal Ripken’s mom is a badass, basically. (via Washington Post)
‘Til next time!