WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around DC) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy.
- A stolen bible and cell phone are worth a helicopter search, at least according to the Arlington County Police. They were in pursuit of two men who robbed someone at gun point. But they only stole a bible and a cellphone. I know stealing is wrong and everything, but was a helicopter necessary? (via NBC Washington)
- Well apparently Obama’s personal ambulance running out of gas is a huge deal, even though the President didn’t actually need it. (via WJLA)
- Thanks to good ol’ meth, you now need I.D. to buy nail polish remover in the district. Also, you have to be over 18 to buy it. So if you want to re-paint your nails, TOO BAD PRETEENS. (via Refinery 29)
- The White House is so hip with their Mean Girl references on social media. Twitter and pop culture references? Man, it’s a new age. (via Refinery 29)
- Remember the guy who planted flowers at the Dupont Metro station only to have Metro authorities rip them up? Well, the tables have turned as Metro will now re-plant the flowers they unnecessarily destroyed. Tax dollars at work! (via DCist)
- Think your house is ugly? Think your neighbor’s house is ugly? Tell the Washington Post! They want to hear all about the weird houses that stand out in D.C. (via The Washington Post)