WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around DC) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy.
- Jeffrey P. Bezos, the founder of Amazon.com, will become the owner of The Washington Post ending the four generation ownership by the Graham family. (via WaPo)
- The National Cathedral is back to its classy status after the green paint incident and the chapels have been reopened for the public. (via DCist)
- Shaw Mainstreets posted a list of news businesses coming to the area including 20 new restaurants and bars (more places to drink, hell yeah), a new grocery store, two hotels and a hair salon. (via WaPo)
- Although this isn’t in D.C., we still think it’s newsworthy. The world’s FIRST burger made from stem cells has been created. How much did it cost to create this lab-grown burger? A whopping $332,000. (via Bloomberg)
- For all of you Powerball players, the jackpot has jumped to $425 million. (via WJLA)