WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around DC) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy.
- The green paint vandal just couldn’t quit while she was ahead. 58 year old, Tian Jiamel has been arrested after green paint was found yet gain, this time splashed on the National Cathedral, Smithsonian Statue, and Luther Place Memorial Church. (via NBC Washington)
- D.C. has recorded its first legal pot deal in at least 75 years. Insomniacs, chronic headache sufferers and the elderly, you are that much closer to those sticky icky meds. (via Washington Post)
- Chief national correspondent for The New York Times Magazine turned author Mark Leibovich went on The Daily Show last night to promote his new political expose’, The Town. The book serves to highlight the nature of excess and greed in DC political structures and we must warn you, it ain’t pretty kids. DC politics ain’t pretty at all. (via The Daily Show)
- In even sadder news (seriously, WTF) , the National Zoo has announced that they are temporarily closing part of the panda house exhibit.
- In brighter news, its closing is because one of the pandas may be pregnant! Awwwww! (via. ABC News)
- And finally, the hubris-ly named sandwich shop, The Best Sandwich Place, is planning to reopen at 1776 I Street, NW. We will keep you posted on whether their claims hold true. (via Washingtonian)
As always, godspeed.