WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around DC) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy.
- If you’re looking for a place to live and the sound of bands practicing doesn’t make you want to rip your ears off, this group house in Northern Virginia is the place for you. $550 a month is the price you have to pay for “constant access” to local NOVA bands. (via Curbed DC)
- A house was robbed in Columbia Heights last weekend and an iPhone and iPad among other items were stolen. On Wednesday, selfies of a man (possibly the thief) were taken on the stolen phone and discovered on the victim’s iPhoto stream. (via PoPville)
- D.C. United reached a $300 million deal with the mayor to build a 20,000-seat stadium at Buzzard Point in Southwest D.C. (via WaPo)
- WMATA has announced that they will be dropping the price of a SmarTrip to $2 in October.
- Car2Go has reached 26,000 users in D.C. and will now add 100 cars to its 300-car fleet. (via Urban Turf)
- A 21-year-old man was arrested on child porn charges after falling for a virus that told him he had to pay a fine for looking at child pornography. Damn computer viruses. (via WJLA)