WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around DC) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy.
- WE’RE #1! WE’RE #1! ….when it comes to being the worst drivers in the country. Stay classy, D.C. (via Yahoo News)
- In other #1 news, Washingtonian’s annual “Best Of” list is out! Check it out for their top picks in neighborhoods, restaurants, events, doctors, wedding planners, lawyers… you get the picture.
- This fall, George Mason University will offer an entire course dedicated to the Trayvon Martin case, discussing race and politics through history. (via WJLA) Relatedly, here is this:
- The H Street streetcars are still coming, WE SWEAR. Here’s a first look at the new cars and the tests that should get them up and running by the end of the year. (via WAMU)
- A 22-year-old D.C. resident was rear-ended on the Chesapeake Bay Bridge, plummeting her car 27 feet and into the water. Here’s what she did to survive, and whether or not we’re really safe driving over bridges. (via Washington Post)
- And lastly, it appears the Ray’s Hell Burger close might be permanent, what with the landlord moving all the furniture out into a parking lot and planning to donate the entire kitchen. A sad day, indeed 🙁 (via Huffington Post)