WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around DC) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy.
- Duffy’s Irish Pub received approval for an outdoor patio, which they hope to have open by August 1st. Go celebrate at happy hour tonight with $1 Beers Furlough from 4pm-7pm. (via PoPville)
- What’s that disgusting smell? Oh, it’s probably just “one of the world’s most odiferous plants,” which is going on display in D.C. at the U.S. Botanic Garden Conservatory. I’d say avoid at all costs. (via WJLA)
- Listen up all you potheads. Tommy Wells, a member of the DC City Council and candidate for mayor, has proposed legislation that would make marijuana possession basically legal. That’s right. You would be able to get high and if you got caught you would only have to pay $100. As Drake would say, “Hell Yeah Fuckin’ Right.” (via Washingtonian)
- LiLo’s back, back again. Tell a friend. “The Canyons” stars LiLo and James Deen in what could potentially be the worst/best movie of the summer. If anything, looking at Nolan Gerard Funk for a couple hours might make the movie worth it. Check out the trailer. (via Refinery29)
- An ice cream truck was carjacked last night in Anacostia. Don’t worry. The ice cream is okay. The truck was recovered about a block away. The gunman just got away with some money and a couple cell phones. No one was harmed in the incident either.(via WaPo)