WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around DC) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy.
- Mumbo sauce, that delicious D.C. staple, is getting a high-class status. But at what cost? A big one, that’s what. As in it’s part of an $11 appetizer at the Hamilton instead of dirt-cheap takeout meal at the local Chinese restaurant. This sauce is being gentrified (or so they say)! (via Washington Post)
- Tomorrow is 7/11, which means it is the best day of the year: Free Slurpee Day. Go to your local 7-11 and get a free delicious frozen beverage. You can get several free slurpees if you go to multiple 7-11s but you didn’t hear that from me. (via Eater.com)
- Oh Yelp, where everyone thinks they are professional food, hotel, whatever critics. But sometimes, it’s an outlet for people to go a little. Check out this drunk bitty’s attempts to bash two D.C. restaurants for stealing her purse. But she writes essentially the same review for those two separate restaurants. Remember kids, don’t drink and type.
- Well Walmart has proven themselves to be giant assholes yet again. They’re planning to pull at least three of their stores from D.C. if the living wage bill passes, which raises minimum wage to a whooping $11.75. So that means Walmart just doesn’t want to pay their employees more than really necessary. But come on, are we really that upset if Walmart can’t open stores in the city?
- Deer are a problem. I mean, yeah, Bambi is cute and all, but their massive herds and standing in the middle of the road at night are really becoming a huge problem. So, to solve said problem, officials are considering managed deer hunts. Take that, Bambi’s mom (I’m sorry, that was out of line).