WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around DC) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy.
- Too lazy to leave your air conditioned apartment for ice cream? Ice Cream Jubilee has a new ice cream subscription service that’ll deliver four half-pints of ice cream directly to your place for the low low price $25 a month.
- Every taxicab in DC is required to have a credit card reader installed by August 31st! FINALLY!
- Protesters armed with water guns are marching on the mall today in support of gun ownership. After the march, protesters have planned a water gun fight at the Washington Monument, as well as face painting and kickball. Kind of sounds like the most fun protest ever…
- Apparently, there is a 35% chance that streetcars won’t be up and running on H St and Benning Road until 2014. What a surprise.
- According to a Washington Post poll, 71% of DC residents have overall positive feelings about the metro. Do these people ride the same trains the rest of us do?
- George Mason University and Chik-fil-a teamed up to set a new world record for the largest number of people dressed as cows. Sounds like a worthy college endeavor.