WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around DC) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy.
- A couple don’t-get-hurt-or-killed PSAs: A pedestrian was hit by a dump truck yesterday. Whoops! (via DCist)
- a 14-year-old boy was electrocuted at Fox Mill School in Fairfax. People! Be Safe! (via Washington Post)
- Glenn Beck speaking to a crowd outside the Capitol earlier today: “John Lennon didn’t teach us about peace; Jesus did.” And Glenn Beck is here to teach frightened old people how to invest all of their money in gold — the end. (via Washington Examiner) Click for the vid.
- To continue a thread of what appears to be DC-teens-gone-violently-wild: A group of about 100 kids were seen last Saturday night running from police officers, some being taken down by cops as they ran. Schooooooool’s OUT — FOR — SUMMER! (help figure out what the deal is here in the comments at PoPville)
- YOUR FREEDOM TO NOM REMAINS INTACT: The City Council has toned down proposed regulations on food trucks in the city, appeasing many a grumbling belly throughout the district. (InTheCapital tells you the details)
- Drones Over DC: a provocative new art exhibit by James Bridle, featuring drone “shadows” across the city, sheds light on the United States’ implementation of the fairly-dystopian anti-terrorism remote-control weapon. (see more at Huffington Post)
- The GOP has a new strategy to attract young liberal voters, and it “doesn’t mean changing party lines, only repackaging them in a way that — it must be said — feels liberal.” (via Refinery29) How you would make an anti-gay marriage platform feel liberal is anyone’s guess…
- In arguably the most impressive bit of DC news, this columnist (I’m aware that’s a generous title) constructed his first ever .gif last night. Here it is, the dawning of a new age:
That’s it til tomorrow. Peace!