WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around DC) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy.
- A cat was shot with an arrow, and police are still looking for the asshole that did it. (via WUSA9) Don’t worry, the little guy is still alive!
- “Optional” searches on the Metro are far from optional, apparently. This guy refused a search (because fuck you, that’s why) and was followed by two counter-terrorism officers onto an entirely different mode of public transportation. (via GreaterGreaterWashington)
- This advocacy group looked at the quality of teacher preparation programs in Virginia, giving the state a strong C- (via Washington Post)
- CBS News’ DC Beureau was evacuated today, and Bob Schieffer could be seen just chilling outside the building. Whoever left their black suitcase sitting outside that building – c’mon. (Huffington Post)
- InTheCaptial has a handy guide for all you ladies out there concerning how best to approach a guy at a bar. The basic gist? Stop being such a pussy.
- DBGB is opening up a new kitchen in City Center, right by the Convention Center – check out the model of City Center and see where the bangin new kitchen is going to be at PoPville
- In DC Medical Marijuana news: The DC physicians who will be able to supply prescriptions for the wonder-plant will be kept under lock and key, apparently to protect them from threats. Obviously, anyone that would threaten a doctor for providing medical marijuana should probably just light one up and relax, right? (via Washingtonian)
That’s it til tomorrow. Peace!