WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around DC) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy.
- So, you’re riding your bike home from work along Metropolitan Branch Trail in Northeast, and what do you see but 15 youths — boys as well as girls — emerging from the woods. “Do they desire candy? I have none for them…. Ohhhh, they want to beat the living shit out of me. Nice.” I’m guessing that was this guy’s internal monologue yesterday. (via Washington Post) Youths are still at large, last seen fleeing toward the metro.
- Free? Check. Awesome? Double check. From June 12-16, you have several chances to experience a D.C. few have ever seen. Say Hello, Again, to D.C., from inside a new Lincoln MKZ and, along the way, experience the very best of the D.C. start-up world with activities courtesy of Pleasant Pops, Herban Lifestyle, and more. Walk away with a gift! It’s FREE what are you waiting for. RSVP today!
- If you love potentially dangerous weather, this is your week. A torrential storm is set to hit D.C. tomorrow, possibly tonight too. The warning extends from midnight tonight to 8PM tomorrow. (via WaPo)
- Nationals Stadium is getting an exciting new vendor, recruited from the Daytona Cubs — get ready to buy beer, nuts, and cotton candy from a legend this season.
- Commissioner Goodell defended the Redskins’ team name in a letter to the ten members of Congress who want it to change. His argument: “For the team’s millions of fans and customers, who represent one of America’s most ethnically and geographically diverse fan bases, the name is a unifying force that stands for strength, courage, pride and respect.” (read more at ESPN.com)
- InTheCapital goes deep inside Twitter to bring you the public reaction to the NSA scandal
‘Til next time, feel free to send us tips etc at [email protected]