WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around DC) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy.
- We learned a few weeks ago that DC is #1 in student loans in the country — now, IN THE CAPITAL breaks down for which degrees are best and worst for paying off your outrageous loans. Sorry teachers and therapists!
- Former City Councilman Michael Brown pleaded guilty today to the crime of taking cash bribes through coffee mugs – could serve up to 37 months for agreeing to give some undercover agents preferential treatment on city contracts (via WAMU)
- Did you check out Awesome Con this year? The guys putting it on have big ideas for 2014, and you should get on board.
- Weather’s been crazy, hasn’t it? Check out this play by play of the tornado that came through (via WaPo)
- It might surprise you that there’s a critical shortage of ambulances in DC, but, then again, it might not. (myfoxdc)
- This Friday, June 14, it’s national Bourbon day – make sure you celebrate at Jack Rose (viaPoPville)
- A woman with (how many?!) FOUR last names stole $90k from international star and NOVA resident DJ Sharam and will likely face five years in jail. Her past lives include being a felon, bigamist, and stripper. (via HuffPo)
‘Til next time, feel free to send us tips etc at [email protected]